Friday, February 3, 2012

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

I made my first recipe I found from Pinterest last night. It turned out so good. It was so quick and easy, it is on the list for meals again in the future. It is a weight watchers recipe, and according to the website, it only is 4+ points. I don't know if that's good, but if so, definitely make this. It took me maybe 15 minutes to make the whole thing. Shrimp is good because it's packed with protein, and low in calories. The cilantro and lime really give this dish some magnificent flavor. You can serve it over rice, salad or pasta, or eat it by itself.
Because I love it, I also made some garlic bread, and we had some salad for our veggie. I apologize there are no pictures. It was gone before I could get some. I will make it again soon!

4 servings, Calories: 197, Fat: 4g, Protein: 36g
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 pounds of shrimp, deveined and shelled
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, with the oil in the pan. Add shrimp when oil is hot (be careful for splatters). Season with salt and pepper. Heat on one side about 2 minutes.
2. Flip all shrimp, and add garlic. Saute a few more minutes, being careful not to overcook. (Shrimp is usually done to a darker pink color).
3. Remove from heat, squeeze lime and add cilantro to shrimp. Toss, and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment