Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kristen's Margaritas

My dad taught me how to make margaritas when I was old enough to reach the bar...okay, maybe not that early, but around 14 or 15. I had my first sip around that age, and on my 18th birthday, I got to go to Mexico with my family and a friend and had my first Mexican margarita. Basically lime juice, tequila and salt. As good as it was...it was so strong and being 18, and not having had that much to drink, my friend and I were having to concentrate on the tiles walking out of the restaurant. It was a fun experience and trip, and I will always remember that good time.
Since then, I have made several margaritas for my parents, aunt and uncle, friends, my husband and myself. When we plan for margaritas at a party, I am automatically the designated margarita maker. Here is my recipe, hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
6 oz Jose Cuervo Original Margarita Mix *(If you're on a budget, whatever mix is fine)
1 oz Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila *(Again, budget tequila is fine. You can also use the silver tequila)
1 oz Cointreau
limes

Directions:
1. In a shaker, shake the ingredients with ice.
2. Cut limes in halves, then quarter. Rub lime across the rim of a margarita glass, then dip in salt (or sugar, whichever you prefer). Add ice to the glass.
3. Pour margarita into glass and enjoy!

*You can also use this same recipe for frozen margaritas. I recommend using around 1/2 a shot more of tequila and cointreau as well as a full shot of mix to counter the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment