Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Fingers

This is my recipe for chicken fingers/tenders/bites, however you want to make them, you can. I've made chicken tenders several ways, but last week I did something different, and they turned out really great. I'm not big on corn starch, and only had a little bit so I decided to use it.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup corn meal
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (12-14 strips)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup mustard
oil for frying

Directions:
1. Mix together eggs, milk and mustard in one container. Mix dry ingredients into another. Clean off chicken strips.
2. Let chicken sit in egg mixture, until they're coated, or even for 30 minutes or so. Sometimes I make that part and stick it in the fridge until I'm ready.
3. Heat oil in a pan to 375F. On my stove, that's around 4.5 on the dial.
4. Once chicken is coated with egg, places pieces one at a time in flour mixture until coated. Place on a plate until ready to fry.
5. Put chicken one at a time in the oil. You will cook about 6 minutes per side. The outside will be a nice golden brown.
6. Place each finished piece on a plate covered with paper towel to soak up excess oil. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment