Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Here is the buttercream with color added.

I've tried my fair share of buttercreams. All have been a disappointment until this one came along. I could never get the right consistency, and when I did, and added color, it would end up looking like tie dye. I am not a crisco user, so I always used butter. I know there can be that tie dye issue sometimes because of the butter. When I found this recipe, I was so excited to try it. It worked perfectly, and looks awesome with color!
I topped my chocolate cupcakes with this, as well as my red velvet recipe for Bobby's birthday, and will use it on vanilla as well.

Ingredients:


3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons whipping cream

Directions:


1. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment