Follow by adding your email here!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Here is the buttercream with color added.

I've tried my fair share of buttercreams. All have been a disappointment until this one came along. I could never get the right consistency, and when I did, and added color, it would end up looking like tie dye. I am not a crisco user, so I always used butter. I know there can be that tie dye issue sometimes because of the butter. When I found this recipe, I was so excited to try it. It worked perfectly, and looks awesome with color!
I topped my chocolate cupcakes with this, as well as my red velvet recipe for Bobby's birthday, and will use it on vanilla as well.

Ingredients:


3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons whipping cream

Directions:


1. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment