Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes

I used to just make box cake and cupcakes, but decided to find and make both from scratch. I searched, searched and finally found a recipe each for vanilla, chocolate and red velvet cakes/cupcakes. I have tried each, and will post each separately.
With this chocolate recipe, I've used two different frosting's, which I will also post separately from the cakes. :)

Ingredients:


10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk

Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two muffin pans, or line with 24 paper baking cups.

2. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the eggs, almond extract and vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter, alternating with the milk, just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cup, dividing evenly. (Sorry, slacked on the pictures!)
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with your favorite frosting.
This picture shows the cake with peanut butter frosting

2 comments:

  1. Do you know that your instruction and the ingredient lists don't match? You don't put baking powder in the list but say to add it in the instructions. Unless I'm missing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that. Thank you for pointing it out. I apologize for my typo. I've fixed it now. :)

      Delete