Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Perfect dinner

I've never made salmon before, so when I found a simple salmon recipe, I decided to try it. When I went to the store to get salmon, I found something just as great and it was cheaper! It was vacuum sealed frozen salmon in a bag. It was fresh and I decided to try it to see if there was a huge difference in taste. It had been sitting in my freezer since the 14th, and tonight was the night to try it. I ended up not using the salmon recipe I found and just did my own thing.
I got it out, and decided to bake it because that meant no defrosting. I put some foil on a cookie sheet, put some olive oil on the foil, and placed the salmon (skin side down), on the foil. I baked it at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Next time, I will loosely wrap the salmon in foil, so it is less dry on top. It was still perfectly fine, but a little dry on top. I did not season it at all, and ended up just sprinkling a little garlic salt on top.
I made some pasta and asparagus as well, it was lovely.

Pasta sauce
Ingredients
Pasta of your choice (I used penne)
1 1/4 cup Heavy whipping cream/chicken broth
1/4 cup pesto
1 clove garlic
1 Tablespoon butter
3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Cook the pasta, drain.
2. Melt butter in a pan, add garlic. Once melted, add whipping cream.
3. Add pesto and parmesan cheese.
4. Stir in pasta and mix.
5. All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment