Friday, April 8, 2011

Yummy homemade Chinese!

I found this recipe on another blog called Amber's Delectable Delights. While browsing through recipes one day, I came across this one and it seemed just as appealing to my husband as it did to me. I have made this dish 3 times since I found the recipe, it's really that good! I have made a few alterations, because I didn't have any cornstarch, and it still turns out great. The first time I made it, I only had brown rice on hand, so I did a brown fried rice, since then I've done white fried rice. They are both really good.

Sweet and Sour Chicken

-Makes 4-6 servings-

Chicken
1 pkg of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders (they usually come in a LB to LB and a half packages)
1 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c oil

Wash, and cut up the chicken to bite size pieces. Salt and pepper the flour, then drop the chicken pieces in to coat. Once all pieces are coated, put in the eggs to get wet. Heat the oil and put the chicken in the pan. Brown both sides, but not cooked through, then place in a baking dish.

Sauce
1/4 c ketchup
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c vinegar
1 Tbl soy sauce
1 teas garlic salt

In a skillet, heat up all sauce ingredients until somewhat thickened. Pour over chicken.

Bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 30 minutes. This helps the chicken breast stay moist. Serve with rice, plain or fried.

cooking the chicken

The sauce all ready to go

Chicken ready to be sauced
Finished product!
Update to add more pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment