Monday, April 25, 2011

Chicken and Rice

The easy version...I love chicken and rice. My mom used to make it, but it was in the oven. Of course, there is nothing wrong with cooking it in the oven, just sometimes...I like things fast. :)
What ever chicken you have, use it! This recipe is simple and my own. It took me 30 minutes from start to finish. I used chicken thighs, because it's all the chicken I had. Our store has them in monster packages, so I cooked it all and saved about half so I can make chicken fried rice with peas tomorrow.

Cook time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
Chicken, however much or little you want to use.
Cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbells 98% fat free)
Rice (I used 2 boil in a bag)
Water
Salt
Garlic (if you want)

Directions
1. Cook the chicken until done.
2. Cook the rice. Boil in a bag takes 9 minutes. Place it in the water, and boil.
3. Empty the soup, plus a can of water into a saucepan.
4. Add the chicken and the rice when they are done, stir while it heats.
5. Add 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, and 2 cloves of garlic. The garlic salt and garlic cloves are your choice...I really enjoy garlic, so I added it, and it tasted yummy.

Cook the chicken...ignore the pan please! I had cooked other chicken before.

Boil the rice

And, voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment