This is my version of some home made mozzarella sticks. They are a hit with my family! I don't make them often, but when I do, they are gone quick. Really simple recipe, quick to make, quick to eat. Hope you enjoy!
Mozzarella sticks (6)
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
oil for frying
1. Mix eggs in the bowl, set aside. Put 1/2 cup flour on one plate. Put bread crumbs and seasonings on the other.
2. Roll the cheese in the flour, then eggs, and then the bread crumbs. Roll in eggs and bread crumbs once more, then set aside.
3. Follow step 2 for remaining cheese sticks.
4. Heat oil to 365F. Gently place the cheese sticks in the oil until the outside is browned.
5. Serve with ranch or marinara, they will be stringy!