Ok, I know it sounds a little odd, but they are super duper yummy delicious! I made this one this morning, with a little hesitation on my part (trying to be honest!). My husband asked for them specifically and he's never had them before, so I tried. My son loved them too, and he's only 13 months!
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup Orange Puree
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
8 heaping teaspoons favorite jam*
*Note: Jelly doesn't work as well as the thicker variety of jam; jelly just disappears into the muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined, then whisk in the oil, Orange Puree, and peanut butter.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until flour is just moistened (don't over-mix or the muffins will be dense).
5. Scoop about two tablespoons of batter into the large muffin cups until half full. Place a heaping teaspoon of jam in the center of each muffin. Cover the jam with another 2 tablespoons or so of batter, filling the cups just over the top.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.