Monday, May 23, 2011

Shark anyone?

This is by no means a traditional dish, but while fishing this weekend during the Warrior's Weekend in Port O'Connor, Clint caught a bull shark! It was filleted for him, and we brought it home. I have never made shark before, but I thought I would put up the recipe I found and used for it just in case someone has or finds someone who needs a shark recipe.
Something I would change unless you like super salt taste, would be to cut down on the soy and garlic salt. I did use garlic powder as well, because I didn't have enough onion powder. It was an excellent starter recipe though. Just something to play around with I think!

Seven Spiced Shark Steaks


Ingredients
2 Shark filet's
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons garlic salt
2 Tablespoons onion powder
2 Tablespoons thyme (fresh or not...)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper

Directions
1. Rinse and cut off any extra skin on the sharks.
2. Mix, in a small bowl, the ingredients until paste like.
3. Rub on both sides of shark, place on a plate and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 325F.
5. Arrange shark on a baking sheet and cook all the way through, about 40 minutes. Flip once at 20 minutes.
Before

and after

No comments:

Post a Comment