Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Super Yummy and Healthy!

I'm sorry it's taken me awhile to get a new post up. I've been really busy, and was out of town a few days. I found this recipe on Food Network and I had to try it. I made it for dinner last night, and it was amazing and yummy and actually pretty good for me! I hope if you choose to make this, you enjoy it as much as my husband and I did. :)

Healthy Club Sandwich

Servings: 4             Calories: 400/sandwich (with all ingredients)

Ingredients
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
5 oz Greek yogurt
1 large Hass Avocado
1 Roma Tomato
8 slices romaine lettuce
8 slices turkey bacon
32 slices thinly sliced turkey
8 slices whole wheat bread
2 Tablespoons vinegar
2 Tablespoons water

Directions
1. Toss onions in vinegar and water; let sit for 15 minutes, then drain.
2. Mash up avocado with yogurt in a bowl, season with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Cook the bacon.
4. Toast the bread, spread avocado mixture onto bread.

5. Place 2 pieces of lettuce, and 2 slices of tomato on the bread. Season with kosher salt and pepper.

6. Add turkey, bacon and onion.


7. Then add the avocado mixture...slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment