Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I apologize, I have not been posting lately. We've had some set backs recently, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things soon. The holidays are coming up, in fact, we just passed one! Thanksgiving is next, so I have a few recipes I will share that my family and I like to make on or around Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, no gifts to buy. Just time to be thankful and to spend with family. Plus, awesome turkey sandwiches the next day for lunch!
Anyway, here is my first holiday post. I make this around Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it's really good any time of the year.



Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients
3 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cup water
1 15-ounce can pumpkin

Directions
1. Grease the bottom and sides of two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans; set aside. In a very large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Alternately add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in a 350F oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment