This is a favorite in our house. Anytime we have bananas that aren't eaten, I make banana bread and it is gobbled up quite quickly. If I don't separate into 2 pans, I end up cooking it for an extra 15 minutes. If it's still batter-y, add 10 minutes on the time.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl mix banana, sugar, eggs, and butter.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, soda, and powder.
4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour in banana mixture and stir until just mixed. There will be lumps.
5. Grease and flour bottom and sides of a bread pan. Pour in batter.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes, checking around 55 minute mark.