Monday, May 14, 2012

Fruit Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing

I made this for the first time on Mother's Day, and it was a HUGE hit! I will definitely be making it again. I think it's an amazing summer salad for everyone to enjoy. I adapted the recipe to things that I thought would be good. Original recipe calls for honeydew, but I used pears instead. Also calls for whipping cream (unsweetened), and limeade. I used cool whip, and margarita mix. I think these changes made it taste delicious.


Ingredients:
1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup frozen limeade, thawed*
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tub cool whip (2 cups)*
1/2 cantaloupe (3 cups), diced
1 quart strawberries, quartered
2 ripe mangoes, seed removed, peeled and cut up
2 cups blueberries
3 pears, peeled and cut up (around 2 cups)

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix on medium-high speed cream cheese, limeade and confectioner's sugar until creamy. Fold in cool whip.

2. In a 3-quart bowl, layer cantaloupe, then strawberries. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over strawberries. Layer Mango, blueberries and pears next. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture.

3. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.

*Apparently limeade is not sold frozen anymore (or I just wasn't able to find it anywhere.), so I bought and used a margarita mix instead. It turned out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment